HOTEL & TRAVEL
The Arc's 2010 National Convention will be held at the Hilton in the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort, conveniently located directly across from Downtown Disney in Lake Buena Vista, FL.
Hilton, located in the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort
1751 Hotel Plaza Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Tel: 1-407-827-4000 Fax: 1-407-827-3890
The convention hotel is SOLD OUT.
As of October 13th, the Holiday Inn (near the Hilton) had limited availabity. Call 888-465-4329 for more information.
*Please be aware that The Arc of the United States has a financial responsibility for every room contracted in the convention block. Please do not book more rooms than you need and cancel them at the last minute. Not only does this keep other potential attendees out of the room block, it also increases the likelihood that The Arc will have to pay for vacant rooms. Please only reserve the rooms that you actually need and if you have to cancel please do so prior to October 4th, so other attendees will have access to the convention rate. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
The Hilton in the Walt Disney World® Resort offers Disney's EXTRA MAGIC HOURS and is located directly across from Downtown Disney in Lake Buena Vista, FL. Hotel guests will enjoy exceptional facilities at AAA's longest-running Four Diamond Resort in Central Florida. Our official Walt Disney World® hotel is only steps away from some of Disney's most popular amenities and attractions, including:
- Extra Magic Hours - Each day one of the theme parks is open an hour early or stays open up to three extra hours in the evening.
Hammer Travel will be coordinating trips to The Arc’s 2010 National Convention. They specialize in providing unique, customized travel arrangements for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families.
Their convenient packages include: lodging, staffing, food, Convention registration, and area attractions/activities. For more information, please visit the Hammer Travel website or call them at 1.877.345.8599.
- Complimentary shuttle service to Disney theme parks
- Magic Kingdom® Park
- Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
- Disney's Hollywood Studios™
- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park
- Downtown Disney® Marketplace
- Downtown Disney® Westside
- 20% off the Richard Petty Driving Experience
Learn more about attractions in Florida.
TRANSPORTATION - AIR
The Orlando International Airport (MCO) is 15 miles from the Hilton in the Walt Disney World® Resort and the average driving time is less than 25 minutes.
Click here for a list of local airports.
Click here for turn by turn driving directions.
TRANSPORTATION - GROUND
The Arc has negotiated a discounted rate with Mears Transportation for your round trip transfer between the Orlando International Airport and Hilton in the Walt Disney World® Resort.
• Upon arrival at Orlando International Airport, proceed to one of the Mears Motor Shuttle ticket counters and present an official coupon to the Mears Counter Attendant. Click here to download a coupon or click on the image of the coupon.
• After redeeming your coupon for a round trip ticket, please present your ticket to the Mears "Starter" located on level one at the curb.
• The starter will then direct you to a designated shuttle servicing the Hilton in the Walt Disney World® Resort. Shuttles run 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, departing the curb approximately every 30 minutes providing shuttle service between the airport and your hotel.
• One day prior to your departure, please make a return reservation by calling Mears. The reservation number is listed below.
• Plan to allow three hours prior to your flight time for your transfer to the airport.
• You can now book online! To receive your online discount, please go to www.mearstransportation.com, click on "Shuttles” in the “Make a Reservation NOW!” box and enter your priority code number: 385285529.
• For questions / reservations, please call our toll free number at 1-800-759-5219 (if calling from central Florida, please dial (407) 423-5566).
• You must present a coupon for discount.
Note: This coupon is valid for shared ride shuttle service via Mears Motor Shuttle. Wait time may be incurred at the airport prior to departure. Each vehicle may make additional hotel stops prior to your destination.
Complimentary self parking is available for all convention attendees. You will need to let the front desk know you have a vehicle upon check-in.