Board of Directors Nominations
The Board Development Committee of The Arc of the United States is conducting outreach to find potential nominees for the Board of Directors. We are inviting you to assist us in this process by reviewing our Board Prospectus and submitting an application.
Ways to Give
The Arc has made significant progress over our 60-year history and with your help we can do more. The Arc provides more direct supports and services to individuals and families affected by intellectual and developmental disabilities than any other disability organization in the country. Help us to:
- Promote the rights of children with intellectual and developmental disabilities so that they have access to the supports and services they need to live in their family homes, to succeed in school and to engage in all childhood experiences.
- Protect and strengthen the opportunities that adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities have to lead full and independent lives, free from poverty and with ready access to whatever services and supports they need.
- Promote the respect and acceptance that people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, as equal members of society, deserve from the general public.
In addition to a monetary donation which can be made safely and securely online, there are more ways you can support The Arc to help make a profound impact. Learn more about donating stock, monthly giving, matching gifts, tribute gifts and car donations.
Become a Member
By joining our network of more than 140,000 members and 730 affiliated chapters across the country, you become connected to the largest grassroots movement to protect the rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Members work together to ensure that sufficient resources are available to meet the needs of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in every community in our nation.
Become an Affiliated Chapter of The Arc
We invite you to become an affiliated chapter of The Arc and take advantage of the benefits of working with a national organization of more than 700 state and local Chapters of all sizes and configurations throughout the United States. With our affiliated Chapters, The Arc is the largest community-based organization for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) leading a national movement advocating for and supporting families and individuals with I/DD across their lifetimes and across all diagnoses.
We are committed to helping promote and protect the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The Arc is on the frontlines in advocacy and along with our state and local chapters we are:
- Working to ensure that health care reform legislation helps adults with disabilities get the supports they need to remain independent;
- Expanding the federal hate crimes law to protect people with disabilities; and
- Creating incentives for states to serve people with disabilities in the community, not in costly, segregated institutions.
Our Action Center contains the most current and up-to-date information on national legislation as it relates to disability. Visit our Action Center and make your voice heard. Sign up to receive alerts so that you can take immediate action on issues and on where we need it most.
Read Our Blog
The official blog of The Arc aims to accomplish three things:
- To provide real-time information on the issues surrounding people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and other topics The Arc cares about.
- To create a starting place for discussion (both online and offline) centered around the issues that the intellectual and developmental disability community want to talk about.
- To give you all the information you need to help promote and protect the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and actively support their full inclusion and participation in the community throughout their lifetimes.
Joining our online community helps connect you to parents, siblings, self-advocates and others who are passionate about serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The Arc’s Corporate Membership Program creates an opportunity for civically-driven businesses to expand their enterprises through outreach and engagement with our extensive network of more than 140,000 individual members and over 700 affiliated chapters nationwide. The Corporate Membership Program is a great means to stay informed and connected, and to positively influence issues related to the disability community.