International Attendees

Q: Do I need a visa to attend the conference, and if so, can the conference organizer help me with my entry visa application?

A: If you are unsure whether you need a visa to attend the conference, please check with your local embassy or travel agent. If you do, it is essential that you begin the process as soon as possible, in order that you obtain your visa in time for the conference or registration deadline. Visa application procedures will vary depending on your nationality/country of origin. Visa application processing can be complex and take significant time. Subject to certain conditions, including proof of registration, we can provide a standard invitation letter to assist you with your visa application. Please send requests for letters of invitation to:  You are responsible for submitting your own application to the relevant authority and following up accordingly. The Secretariat is unable to follow up your application on your behalf or enter into correspondence directly with consulates.

Q: How do I book accommodation for the conference?

A: An official accommodation option is included on this conference website. Please see the Hotel and Travel section for details of how to make a booking. Please note that you should book early to guarantee availability and any special conference rate. You may also require proof of accommodation for visa applications.

Q: Are there any group travel arrangements for the conference, official air carriers or official travel agents?

A: No, we have found from experience that delegates prefer to make their own independent travel arrangements. In the age of internet bookings, it is easier and more cost-efficient for you to shop around and find the most convenient travel option for yourself. The conference organisers do not provide shuttles from the airport to the conference venue, but transfers by public transport are normally available and information on these can be found on the Hotel and Travel information section.

Q: What is the Electric Power in the USA

A: Electric power is standardized in all states across the USA. It is set at 110 Volts and 60 cycles. Standard electric plugs, have two flat blades. The plugs on some newer appliances have a third round grounding pin. Almost all homes and commercial buildings are equipped with electrical receptacles that can accommodate either type of plug. You may need an adaptor and power converter. If you bring any electrical appliance to the USA, you may need an adaptor to fit the US electrical receptacles. You may also need a converter to change the voltage from 110 volts to 220 volts. Most common appliances will function with either 50 or 60 cycle current. Electrical frequency can affect electric clocks, audio equipment and some other electronic gear. You should check your electrical equipment for compatibility with 60-cycle current before you bring it to the USA.