Disablity Awareness Training
Utilizing its 60 plus years of knowledge in the intellectual and developmental disability field, The Arc@Work provides corporations in-person staff training to increase disability awareness and workforce integration.
In-Person and On-line Training on Selected Topics:
- Autism and Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (I/DD)
- Introduction to the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Effective hiring practices for people with Autism and I/DD
- Accommodation of employees with Autism and I/DD
- Disability Competency
- Other customized topics
Organizational Policies and Procedures Consultation
- Confidential assessment of accessibility of job portal and application process to people with cognitive disabilities
- Confidential assessment of employee satisfaction with accommodations/supports
- Support with designing, planning, and implementation of:
- Outreach strategies
- Job applications and interview processes
- Onboarding and ongoing accommodation and support procedures
- Retention and effectiveness support methodologies
Regulation Required Evaluation and Reporting Services
In order to help corporations meet the 503 requirements, The Arc@Work offers evaluation and reporting services to ensure constant performance feedback is available both to the company and to the federal government.
For Newly Hired Employees
On-Boarding Planning & Support
To ensure a seamless transition into a new job, The Arc@Work provides newly hired employees comprehensive training and support throughout the recruitment, assessment, and placement process.
Long-Term Retention and Effectiveness Support
To reduce turnover, The Arc@Work provides on-going job support to newly hired employees through communication with HR and managers and one-on-one sessions with the employee as needed for the first three months on the job.