Community Support Services, Inc.
Project Name: Pathways to Success
Contact Information: Sandra Ryan
(708) 354-4547 Ext. 163
9021 Ogden Ave.
Brookfield, IL 60513
- 90% of the 20 students will have met 50% of their transition goals, outlined in the intake form in years 1 and 2;
- 75% of the 20 students will have met an average of 80% of their transition goals, at the end of 3 years;
- 75% of parents or guardians will have enrolled their family or their child(ren) in at least one new program or service as a result of their participation in the seminars;
- 50% of the students will enter the vocational program at Triton College following their high school graduation;
- 25% of the participants will enter a specialized employment program or service at the age of 21.5 years; and
- 25% of the participants will become employed within 90 days after high school graduation.
Community Support Services “Pathways” project is a new program designed to help ensure that individuals with developmental disabilities of high school age, and their families (parents/guardians and siblings) are prepared - as part of their educational experience - to take the steps necessary to find and retain employment and public benefits once they finish high school at age 22. It is a three-year transition program that includes a series of seminars and supports to the students ages 14-22, implemented in partnership with Proviso Area for Exceptional Chicago (PAEC), a School for Special Education in Maywood, Illinois.
The Program encompasses all of the following parts:
- Full & equal access to community participation;
- Self-determination & self-advocacy for increased opportunities and choices;
- Awareness of cultural differences to accommodate all families;
- School-family partnerships in decision making & transition planning;
- Safe, equitable, positive, & supportive learning environments;
- Transdisciplinary collaboration & consultation among professionals; and
- Long-term support & follow up services.